Week 8 Comprehensive Assessment Plan
For your Week 8 Comprehensive Assessment final signature assignment, develop a comprehensive assessment plan for nursing curriculum theory and clinical course. You may pair the subjects together, such as a theory course with a corresponding clinical component, OR you can choose two separate subjects. Your signature assignment will encompass the criteria we have learned throughout this course.
* You may use any topic and learning objectives you have created in this course. Make sure you revise any areas of weakness in previously submitted work based on your instructor’s feedback to submit evidence of subject mastery for this final assignment.
Introduce your paper by explaining your chosen curriculum area(s) and your intended audience (1–2 paragraphs).
Part 1: Theory
Develop a comprehensive assessment plan for the theory portion of your course. In a written document, in APA format, compose the following:
· Identify and explain the curriculum focus area (1–2 paragraphs)
· Write 5–6 learning objectives for the theory content (or more if needed)
· Map the learning objectives to the QSEN competencies (using a chart where applicable)
· List and describe a formative and summative assessment plan you will use in your course and why you chose to plan your assessment this way. Your formative and summative assessments should include testing and written assessments (2 or more paragraphs)
· Testing: Develop a test blueprint that details the areas you will test throughout the curriculum. Use the following format (or similar) and explain at least 4 areas of content you will test on (you may add more if desired).
Written assignments Include a description of a written assessment you can use to evaluate one of the content learning objectives. Include a scoring rubric for the written assessment. You can choose an analytical or a holistic rubric to score the assessment, but the evaluation criteria, the scale or levels of achievement, and the descriptors that define each level of achievement should be present and tailored to the written assessment specifics.
Part 2: Clinical
· Identify and explain the curriculum content area and ensure that it focuses on clinical observation and evaluation (1–2 paragraphs)
· Write 5–6 learning objectives for the clinical content (or more if needed).
· Map the learning objectives to the QSEN competencies (using a chart where applicable).
· Develop a framework you can use for assessment in the clinical setting. After you have thoroughly described components 1 through 3, provide a corresponding clinical rubric that assesses that students through observation. You may use a readily available rubric tool, for example those found in appendix A, but you must tailor the descriptors to the specific clinical observation that you are focusing on.
Part 3: Summary
Provide a 1–2 paragraph conclusion and summary. What are your major takeaways about assessment and evaluation in nursing practice? How will this course inform your teaching practice? Compose your signature assignment in APA format, with a title page, headings, and references cited in text and in a reference section as appropriate.