Fact Sheet Discussion Board
Fact Sheet Discussion Board. First, attach your 1-page fact sheet (1-page word document only) on the DB based on your research paper topic. Post on the Wednesday before the Sunday due date giving time for your classmates to read and comment. Include a summary of the disability, how it affects a child, and what modifications and accommodations may be appropriate. Think about what you would want to get if this were the only page you would read about the disability. You may also include information for where your peers can get additional information on the disability. Then, comment a minimum of twice on a minimum of 2 different days – focus on deepening the conversation by asking a question, for clarification, or reflecting on your experience as it relates to the topic.
In this module, you will delve deeply into various types of disabilities and how to assess for and then plan for successful teaching and learning for children with various disabilities or delays. This includes modifications and accommodations of plans as well as appropriate behavior management guidance. This week you will read 2 chapters of the textbook, complete Assessment 2 Research Paper and Case Study and submit your Fact Sheet Discussion
After this module you will be able to:
1. Identify the types, etiologies and characteristics of children with early childhood disabilities and describe the similarities and differences among youngsters with disabilities.
2. Identify types and characteristics of assessment instruments and methods in early childhood education and the procedures used for screening, pre-referral, referral, classification and declassification among young children with disabilities.
3. Discuss effective behavior management techniques appropriate to the needs of young students with disabilities and describe how teacher attitudes and behaviors positively or negatively influence the behavior of young students with disabilities.
4. Describe the methods for planning and managing teaching and learning for students with disabilities in inclusive early childhood settings, including preparing and organizing lesson plans and modifying lessons.
· Reading Cook, Klein, and Chen Chapters 4 & 5.
· Module 4: Fact Sheet Discussion
· Module 4: Read Cook, Klein, Chen Chapter 4
· Module 4: Read Cook, Klein, Chen Chapter 5