A 72-year-old male presents to the clinic with 4 weeks of productive cough. Respiratory Disorder. He has a 10-year history of diagnosed COPD. He has a 45-year history of two packs a day cigarette smoking. He states he quit smoking due to financial needs about 6 years ago. He complains of pain in his chest from coughing, saying it is sore. He has noticed some dark-coloured blood on his tissue.
Vital Signs: BP 137/90; HR 82; RR 22; BMI 23.
Chief Complaint: Persistent cough won’t go away with my normal cough medicine. Noticed blood on tissue from coughing.
Discuss the following:
1) What additional subjective information will you be asking of the patient?
2) What additional objective findings would you be examining the patient for?
3) What are the differential diagnoses that you are considering?
4) What radiological examinations or additional diagnostic studies would you order?
5) What treatment and specific information about the prescription will you give this patient?
6) What are the potential complications from the treatment ordered?
7) What additional laboratory tests might you consider ordering?
8) Will you be looking for a consult?
Please use references not later than 5 years