Pythagorean Theorem Presentation
Pythagorean Theorem is a fundamental relationship among the three sides of a right triangle. Create a Voiceover Presentation where you—
- Present a picture of an object (TV, Ipad Screen, Book Cover) with a right angle (it could be something in nature or man-made).
- Use a ruler or measuring tape to measure the two sides that make the right angle and measure the distance from the end of one side to the end of the other side (hypotenuse).
- Draw a diagram of the object, including the measurements.
- Use your leg measurements on your diagram to calculate a theoretical hypotenuse. (Show all steps).
Answer the following questions:
- Does the hypotenuse that was measured with a ruler/measuring tape equal the hypotenuse you calculated?
- Why do you think they are or are not exactly the same?
- What did you learn from developing this presentation?
Your presentation should be done in PowerPoint with Voice Over and should be 2 – 3 minutes in length. Use the PowerPoint template provided.