Public Health Nursing
The student must search for a state regulation regarding hospitals, choose a public health nursing section/subject area, and complete an HPA.
- Give the location using the correct nomenclature.
- Summarize the hospital regulation. Use your own words to describe the intent of the regulation.
- Describe the problem/public issue the regulation is intended to address. Use secondary data to describe the problem/issue further, as is known from the literature.
- Identify the stakeholders and project the expected opinion. Indicate who was probably in support of the regulation and why. Indicate who probably opposed this regulation and why?
- Examine the risks and benefits of this regulation. What would be the expected outcomes if this regulation could be changed, and would that positively or negatively impact public health? If this regulation remains, what would be the positive or negative outcomes?
- Is this regulation a financial burden for hospitals? If so, provide a discussion as to what those costs are associated with this regulation.
- Should there be some changes in this regulation? If so, why? What would be that process?
The assignment should be presented in APA format in a scholarly essay of 1500 to 2000 words. At least two scholarly sources should be utilized besides the textbook and provided materials.