Moral Distress in Nursing Presentation
Moral Distress in Nursing Presentation PPT General Guidelines:
Create a nursing situation (must be original, meaning there should not be any two presented in class that are the same as any other student) which illustrates moral distress related to a clinical problem that an advanced practice nurse is likely to encounter in practice. Ensure to define and explain how the scenario meets the definition of moral distress and that the problem, as identified in the nursing situation, is supported by evidence-based literature. Describe the personal, professional, and organizational factors that are the causes of moral distress within the case scenario from the perspective of the APN. Analyze current interventions and strategies to address the identified issue of moral distress in the created nursing situation at the personal, professional, and organizational levels. Differentiate moral distress from other common responses to ethical situations encountered in practice (moral uncertainty, dilemma, conflict, and residue).
1. Presentation should be between 10-15 slides.
2. Each content slide should be concise and have no long paragraphs to read.
3. Utilize notes pages may be utilized for an explanation if needed and to expand on subject areas to cover all criteria on the rubric.
4. Use pictures to enhance the presentation.
1. Nursing situation clearly describes and explores moral distress related to an ethical practice issue from the perspective of an advanced practice nurse, which is linked to current best practice, research, and literature.
2. Analysis & Evaluation of Moral Distress is demonstrated as an ethical issue from the perspective of the advanced practice nurse within the nursing situation
3. Personal, professional, and organizational causes of moral distress are explained and clearly illustrated using the nursing situation.
4. Recommendations on Effective Interventions and Strategies from a personal, professional, and organizational perspective are demonstrated and explained using the nursing situation.:
5. Explores the differences between moral distress and moral uncertainty, dilemma, conflict, and residue from the perspective of the advanced practice nurse.
6. Writing Mechanics and Formatting Guidelines are clear, and the concept of moral distress from the perspective of an advanced practice nurse is well supported using evidence-based research and literature throughout the presentation.