Module 2 Assessment Legislation Grid and Testimony/Advocacy
To Prepare for Module 2 Assessment Legislation Grid and Testimony/Advocacy:
- Select a bill that has been proposed (not one that has been enacted) using the congressional websites provided in the Learning Resources.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Legislation Grid; 1-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement)
Be sure to add a title page, an introduction, a purpose statement, and a conclusion. This is an APA paper.
Part 1: Legislation Grid
Based on the health-related bill (proposed, not enacted) you selected, complete the Legislation Grid Template. Be sure to address the following:
- Determine the legislative intent of the bill you have reviewed.
- Identify the proponents/opponents of the bill.
- Identify the target populations addressed by the bill.
- Where in the process is the bill currently? Is it in hearings or committees?
Part 2: Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement
Based on the health-related bill you selected, develop a 1-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement that addresses the following:
- Advocate a position for the bill you selected and write testimony in support of your position.
- Explain how the social determinants of income, age, education, or gender affect this legislation.
- Describe how you would address the opponent to your position. Be specific and provide examples.
- At least 2 outside resources and 2-3 course-specific resources are used.
- gov (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.congress.gov/
- Taylor, D., Olshansky, E., Fugate-Woods, N., Johnson-Mallard, V., Safriet, B. J., & Hagan, T. (2017). Corrigendum to position statement: Political interference in sexual and reproductive health research and health professional education. Nursing Outlook, 65(2), 346–350
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate. (n.d.). Senate organization chart for the 117th Congress
click on the Image to Order
Use this document to complete Part 1 of the Module 2 Assessment Legislation Grid and Testimony/Advocacy Statement
|Health-related Bill Name||
|Federal or State?|
|Status of the bill (Is it in hearings or committees?)||