Marketing and the 5 Ps
Week 1 Assignment – Marketing and the 5 Ps
Marketing and the 5 Ps. Most marketing professionals have a written plan that contains a description of the marketing environment, an outline of marketing strategy, and marketing objectives. A marketing plan starts with a well-defined mission and strategy. The key to a marketing plan is in this chapter subtitle: Linking Your Strategy and Program. The result of this process is the ability to implement marketing activities. These activities are designed to help the organisation achieve its goals and objectives. The plan identifies who will carry out each part of the overall marketing strategy and helps determine the market size to reach.
Read chapters 1 and 2 to assist with this assignment. This assignment consists of A written paper and a 5-slide Powerpoint presentation complete with graphics and author’s notes.
First, in a minimum of 250 words (excluding the title and reference pages), in IWG Format with at least three references, apply the marketing program elements to questions 1 and 2.
1. Using the information you read in Chapter 2, select one of these “new” products and describe how you would use a Marketing program to market it.
Select one of the following ” brand new” products: breakfast cereal, sunglasses, nail polish, video game, smoothie machine, soft drink, rug cleaning service, appliance repair service, and online guitar lessons.
- Pick one of these products and describe it. (Product)
- How much does it cost, and why did you select that price? (Price)
- Where would the product be sold? (Place)
- How would you tell people about your product? (Promotion)
- Customer Service is an important part of marketing any product; who can customers talk with? Describe your plan. (People)
2. Why would a Company need a marketing program for their products?