For this assignment, you will create a presentation to staff and leadership on your planned response to emerging human resources issues. If you use PowerPoint for your presentation:
Note: You can use Kaltura or PowerPoint Recording Tool to complete your presentation.
If you use Kaltura for your presentation:
· Review Using Kaltura for information about this courtroom tool. More information on setting up hardware can be found on the Tools and Resources page.
Imagine that you received the following e-mail from your boss about a month after they adopted your departmental plan outlined in the previous assignment.
· HR E-mail [PDF]. Use this e-mail from your boss as a basis for this assignment.
Create an approximately 5-minute presentation with voice narration targeted to your staff and leadership that effectively responds to your superior’s request found in the e-mail. Your presentation should demonstrate leadership qualities such as composure, preparation, solid communication, thoughtfulness, et cetera. The presentation should also:
1. Articulate the problems and their sources. (Make sure to include plausible assumptions based upon the facts presented to support your assertions.)
2. Detail your plan, which must address:
· Retention: Describe two of the most significant steps you will take to keep employees and why you believe they will be effective.
· Culture, leadership, and engagement.
· Hiring: Select one of the positions that you identified in your organizational chart as new hire. Suggest two actions that you will take to secure new hires. Substantiate your ideas with real market data for at least one of your actions. (Cite your sources.) State any assumptions that you need to make to conduct your research. For example, candidate experience, job level, and industry norms.
· Onboarding or orientation.
· Communicating organizational values and culture.
3. Performance measure and standards: Describe how performance will be measured for one of the position types in your group. Your expectations should be consistent with your stated departmental goals.
Slides might include headings such as the ones below. However, you certainly have creative freedom to create ones that best align with your presentation. Simply be sure that the key topics are covered.
· Who Am I (this is a bio of yourself).
· Performance Management.
· Expected Outcomes.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
· Communication: Ensure your presentation (narrated or PowerPoint) is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· Length: Approximately 5 minutes. Submit as many presentation slides as needed to meet the requirements of this assignment (include a title slide).
· Visuals: Use font size, colors, and design to assure optimal readability.