Assume you have just accepted the position as CIO for a small but growing firm and are tasked with developing a plan for your organization’s existing telecommunication structures and computer networks. The organization must protect its valuable information but be flexible enough to accommodate employees as they execute their jobs and get business done. It must address security aspects such as remote data access, enterprise mobility, and internal communications such as email.
In a minimum of 4 pages APA formatted paper (excluding title and reference pages), discuss the following elements using the lecture, supplemental resources, and your research.
- Illustrate the general architecture (centralized or distributed) to support the organization’s goals.
- Using information from the course and your research, develop an outline of your security policy and plans that address identified areas such as remote data access, smartphone access, and internal communications. Be as specific as possible.
- Examine and compare the security policy differences between users who work remotely to users who work on-site in a traditional office environment.
- Evaluate the elements critical for a successful implementation of such communication systems. Are they more technical such as hardware, software, network infrastructure, security, and cloud computing, or more managerial such as project management, change management, logistics, and user involvement? Your list can be different from the list above. Provide the reasons for your arguments.
- Include a minimum of five resources, one of which may be the textbook. Three sources must be from the UAGC Library or IT industry standard periodicals.