Impact Of Nursing Informatics On Patient Outcomes And Efficiencies
- Discuss the Impact Of Nursing Informatics On Patient Outcomes And Efficiencies.
- Review the concepts of technology application as presented in the Resources (Resources are included below).
- Reflect on how emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence may help fortify nursing informatics as a specialty by leading to increased impact on patient outcomes or patient care efficiencies.
The Assignment: (4-5 pages not including the title and reference page)
In a 4- to 5-page project proposal written to the leadership of your healthcare organization, propose a nursing informatics project for your organization that you advocate to improve patient outcomes or patient-care efficiency. Your project proposal should include the following:
- Describe the project you propose.
- Identify the stakeholders impacted by this project.
- Explain the patient outcome(s) or patient-care efficiencies this project is aimed at improving and explain how this improvement would occur. Be specific and provide examples.
- Identify the technologies required to implement this project and explain why.
- Identify the project team (by roles) and explain how you would incorporate the nurse informaticist into the project team.
- Use APA format and include a title page and reference page.
Resources for Review
- Mosier, S., Roberts, W. D., & Englebright, J. (2019). A Systems-Level Method for Developing Nursing Informatics Solutions: The Role of Executive LeadershipLinks to an external site. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 49(11), 543-548.
- Ng, Y. C., Alexander, S., & Frith, K. H. (2018). Integration of Mobile Health Applications in Health Information Technology InitiativesLinks to an external site.: Expanding Opportunities for Nurse Participation in Population Health. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 36(5), 209-213.
- Sipes, C. (2016). Project management: Essential skill of nurse informaticistsLinks to an external site.. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 225, 252-256.
The resources above are for review, add more outside resources and if you want you can also use the above resources. Minimum of 4 references.