HRM Legal Environment unit 3 IP
Read through the HRM Legal Environment unit 3 IP paper instructions and answer accordingly. The assignments should follow APA guidelines. Word count does not include the Title and Reference Pages.
Today, Green Branch Coffee’s employees began the process of forming a union. The Director of Human Resources wants you to discuss a few important facts about unions so that the coffee shop managers are equipped with detailed information. In a Word document of at least 750 words, answer the following questions:
- What is the process that employees will use to unionize?
- How can collective bargaining deliver improvements for workers in the organization?
- What does a union have to consider regarding a state’s right-to-work laws?’
Primary Task Response
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas. As a Green Branch Coffee HR Manager, it is your responsibility to advise your organization on unions and labor relations. Employees at Green Branch Coffee are considering becoming unionized. Therefore, it is important that the shop managers at Green Branch understand the key U.S. labor law, the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). Please respond to the following questions:
- What are the historical foundations of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)?
- Describe a real-world example of how the NLRA guides the activities of unions and employers.
- What is the role of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and how would someone file a claim with the NLRB?