HLT-324V Week 2 Assignment Family Interview Details:
Identifying and understanding your family culture is important to understand and respect others. Interview a family member and an individual from another culture with which you are unfamiliar. Some examples of an individual from another culture to consider for the assignment include a neighbor, coworker, patient, or friend. Please inform the individuals of this assignment’s purpose and ensure you receive their consent.
Review the “HLT-324V Week 2 Assignment Family Interview” template before the interview. Additional space is designated on the template for you to create three additional questions to ask both interviewees (family members and persons from another culture). Additional questions should be relevant to the readings or discussion and provide value to the interview by helping understand the culture.
Some of the HLT-324V Week 2 Assignment Family Interview questions may include the following:
- Family beliefs: Have they changed over generations?
- Educational and occupational status in the culture and the family
- Communication methods: verbal and nonverbal
- Current family goals/priorities
- Family member roles and organizational systems
- Spiritual beliefs: current practice and death and dying
- Alternative lifestyles
- Work attitudes and structure
Using the “Family Interview” template, interview your designated family member and someone from another culture. Be sure to write your responses in a way that will assist you in writing your paper. After the interview is completed, write a paper of 750-1,000 words that includes the following:
- An introductory paragraph with the reasons for selecting the interviewees.
- A summary of the responses from the interview template gathered from the interviewees.
- A comparison and contrast of your findings between the two interviewees.
- A reflective concluding paragraph on how family roles affect each individual’s cultural domains and relationships.
Submit the completed “Family Interview” template and the written paper” to the instructor.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric before beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.