Facility Impact On Inmates
In this Facility Impact On Inmates assignment, you will explore how the type of correctional facility or architectural design of a facility can impact various populations of prisoners.
First, identify three current correctional facility types or architectural designs that you would like to explore a bit more. Enter one in each open text box in the “Type of Facility/Architectural Design” column of the provided Module Four Assignment Template. Then, identify an inmate population to enter into each open text box in the “Inmate Population” column. You may use the same type of facility/architectural design or inmate population more than once. Still, you must use a different type or population to explore the impact. Select the pairs that interest you the most. You may enter them in any order you wish. For example, you may wish to explore the effects of maximum security facilities on transgendered inmate populations.
Finally, in 100 to 150 words for each impact, explore how each facility type or design impacts the inmate population you selected in that row. You may want to consider the following:
- What is the physical impact on these inmates?
- What is the psychological impact on these inmates?
- How does this facility type or design affect the relationship between inmate and officer?
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Identify correctional facility types or architectural designs in current use.
- Identify an inmate population.
- Explore the impact of facility types or designs on inmate populations.
What to Submit
This assignment must be completed using the provided Module Four Assignment Template Word Document. Any references should be cited in APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.