Evolution of Nursing Informatics Presentation
Evolution of Nursing Informatics Presentation. As an advanced registered nurse leader, you can effect change through nursing health informatics. Informatics has evolved to become what it is today. Using the resources provided in this assignment, prepare a 12-15 PowerPoint presentation. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include an additional slide for the title and references. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the topic Resources for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning and another at the end for References.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Define nursing informatics.
- Provide a brief history of the field of nursing informatics. Discuss how the specialty has evolved.
- Discuss how nursing informatics affects nursing leadership, clinical practice, administration, education, and research.
- Explain how government regulation affects or impacts organizational policy on health information systems.
- Discuss nurse-led innovation as it relates to the advances in informatics and how informatics innovation can be used to improve the quality of patient care.
- Provide an example of the role of the nurse in transforming health care data into knowledge that can improve patient care using nursing informatics practice.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must have been published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.