Ethical Theories to Contemporary Moral Issues
Apply duty-based ethical theories to contemporary moral issues.
In this research-based assessment, you will be applying a Kantian perspective to a contemporary moral issue. Current contemporary moral issues range from genetic engineering to issues related to the use of torture in wartime. For this assessment, you will need to research contemporary moral issues and select one that will be the focus of your assignment as you apply the Kantian perspective. Once you select your moral issue, you will need to address the following in a properly formatted research assignment.
- Explain what duty is according to Kant and how this view differs from other senses of duty.
- Describe the relationship between goodwill and duty for Kant.
- Differentiate the two formulations of the Categorical Imperative.
- How do these formulations apply to your selected contemporary moral issue?
- Using the foundation of Kant’s moral theory explain how there is a moral duty for your selected contemporary moral issues.
- Express your view as a maxim.
- How feasible is it to universalize your maxim?
- How does your maxim fulfill/satisfy each of these formulations
Ensure that you use credible academic sources, and cite them properly.