Diverse Population Healthcare Policy Analysis
For the Diverse Population Healthcare Policy Analysis assignment, Select a current or proposed healthcare policy designed to provide equitable health care for a diverse population. Create a 12-15-slide PowerPoint presentation discussing the health care policy and how it improves a specific population’s access to quality, cost-effective health care. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include additional slides for the title and references.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the policy selected.
- Discuss the diverse population that will be affected by this policy.
- Explain how the policy is designed to improve cost-effectiveness and healthcare equity for the diverse population.
- Discuss why the policy is financially sound and explain how the policy incorporates the nursing perspective and relevant ethical, legal, and political factors. Provide a rationale to support your explanation.
- Describe what state, federal, or global health policies or goals the policy is related to and explain the degree to which each helps achieve equitable health care for the diverse population.
- Discuss advocacy strategies for improving access, quality, and cost-effective health care for the diverse population selected.
- Discuss the professional and moral obligation of master’s prepared nurses to respect human dignity and advance the common good through working to promote health and prevent disease among diverse populations from a Christian perspective.
You are required to cite eight peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must have been published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Refer to the resource “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected. Documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric before beginning the assignment to familiarise yourself with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. If you need assistance, a link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is in Class Resources.