Your Unit 5 Research Methods paper is a culmination of everything you researched about your selected topic in Criminal Justice. You will now synthesize your collected information from your Unit 4 problem statement and Annotated Bibliography. That means you will provide your assessment in a professional analysis research paper. Here is your roadmap:
- Unit 4 DB – You wrote a problem statement and described the issue.
- Unit 4 IP – You conducted research by creating 5 Annotated Bibliographies.
- Unit 5 IP – You will now use your Unit 4 Annotated Bibliography to create your Literature Review. You will include a title page, an introduction to the problem, a topic analysis, a conclusion, and a reference page. See below for detailed information on how to write your Unit 5 Literature Review and format your paper.
Here is a basic outline for you to follow for your Unit 5 Research Methods paper:
- Title Page –
- Introduction to the Problem – – This is where you discuss the issues or problems in your chosen topic. You may reuse your DB4 problem statement for this part of your research paper if you make any applicable updates based upon your research – and edit it, so it is not longer than 1 page.
- Literature Review – – This is where you discuss or write about background information you discovered when completing your 5 Annotated Bibliographies in Unit 4. Do not copy and paste your Annotated Bibliography into your research paper. Instead, write in paragraph form about the information you discovered and documented in your Annotated Bibliography. Specifically, in your literature review, you will discuss what those authors wrote about in their articles.
- Topic Analysis – – This is where you present your personal, professional, and scholarly topic analysis based on your research.
- Conclusion – – This is where you present your conclusions and recommendations on mitigating or possibly solving the research problem(s) identified.
- Reference Page – APA formatted.