Case-Study Project Risk Management
Discussion of Case-Study Project Risk Management Key Strategic Considerations. You do not need to explain why you have chosen the particular case study. Still, please discuss the main project risk topics for this case. For example, why the selected project organization has adopted (or not) particular risk approaches, risk appetite, risk management, etc., and how these work for the success (or not) of the project(s). In essence, a broad overview of the key topics for your assignment, backed up by reasoned argument. So this means you cannot select a couple of ‘favorite’ topics to discuss when a more important project risk management topic needs to be addressed for your selected project organization.
Critical Analysis of Key Risk Management Theories — Ideally, your assignment should utilize the broad project risk topics we covered in the module. You can use any other project risk management theories/methodologies from the literature and/or those adopted by the case in your assignment (you are not limited to those examples included in the module). The important point is to keep the assignment to ‘project risk’ rather than stray too far into the general ‘organizational risk’ areas — although, in some cases, there may be a need to have some crossover.
Title page, contents, list of figures, list of tables (these are not part of the word count).
- Introduction (400 words) – A discussion of the key strategic considerations. These could include the main Project Risk topics for this case, why the selected Project Organisation has adopted (or not) a particular risk approach, their risk appetite, risk management, etc. In essence, a broad overview of the key topics for your assignment, backed up by reasoned argument.
- Project Environment (500 words) – A critical evaluation of the project environment within which project risk is managed. This requires students to apply one or more tools to the case (SWOT, PESTLE, fishbone, or a combination) to identify potential risk areas. Include diagrams and references.
- Key Risks (800 words) – Identify key risks for the case by applying an appropriate risk management process or methodology and undertaking a critical analysis. Include diagrams and references. Select an appropriate risk management process and apply it to your case. Risks may be presented in a table format, with ranking and/or a likelihood and impact analysis.
- Project planning and implementation (800 words) – A critical evaluation of how the project was managed during its lifecycle in terms of risk. Students should reflect on their analyses in sections 2 and 3 to determine whether the organization could have acted differently, either in the planning stage or the delivery of the project (or both), to achieve a better outcome. Bring out any interdisciplinary aspects relevant to the project.
- Summary and Conclusion (500 words) – Present a summary of the project risks and your conclusions on the organization. Discuss mitigations or contingencies that could have been applied. Make appropriate recommendations for the organization (or sector) regarding the tools, methods, and processes it should utilize. Identify any improvements that could be made to regulations or legislation, training, or qualifications, for example.
Reference list in standard APA7 format and appendices if required (these are not part of the word count).
Ensure you include evidence of reading around the subject by discussing/referencing material other than the case study you have selected.
- The maximum word limit for the report is 3000
Typical content would include:
Report (*.pdf or *.Word formats)