Assisting Victims Discussion
For this first assisting victims discussion, you will introduce yourself to your peers and discuss how a particular profession plays a role in victimology. Before participating in this discussion, review the different professional roles mentioned in the reading from Chapter 1 of your textbook and explore the career information provided in the Career Exploration resource.
Complete the following in your initial post:
- In your first paragraph, introduce yourself to your classmates by answering the following questions:
- Who are you, and what do you do? ( Name Christopher )
- Why are you interested in criminal justice? ( wanna be an FBI agent )
- Do you have any professional background related to victimology? No
Next, choose one of the criminal justice or allied professions mentioned in your reading from Chapter 1 or from the Career Exploration resource. For this discussion, try to choose a profession that interests you, but that may not necessarily be the profession you intend to pursue.
- In your second paragraph, tell your classmates which profession you chose and why. Then explain how the profession you chose plays a role in victimology.
- How can understanding victimology help you in the profession you chose?
Then, respond to two of your peers by addressing the following:
- Based on your own experience or research, what are some additional aspects of the role of that profession in regard to assisting victims notmentioned in the initial post? If possible, provide resources to your peers.
- Are there points in their response about how understanding victimology can help them in the profession they chose that you had not considered? Or are there points they did not consider that you think might be useful to mention?
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric.