Academic Portfolio Strategies
In the realm of marketing, a successful branding strategy is one of the most important contributors to organizational success. A solid branding strategy can help add visibility and credibility to a company’s products.
Similarly, nurse-scholars can build a personal brand to add visibility and credibility to their work. You can begin building your brand by developing and maintaining an academic portfolio. Such an activity can help share the results of your efforts and contribute to your success. This Week’s Discussion asks you to consider and share strategies for building your portfolio.
· Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
· Review one or more samples from your own research of resources focused on portfolio development.
Post an explanation of at least two strategies for including academic activities and accomplishments into your professional development goals. Then, explain how those goals may align with the University’s emphasis on social change. Be specific and provide examples.
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ posts by offering additional ideas regarding academic achievements to include or offering alternative ways of presenting the current achievements.
· Burns, M. K. (2018). Creating a nursing portfolio. Ohio Nurses Review Links to an external site. , 93(3), 16-17.
· Casey, D. & Egan, D. (2013). The use of professional portfolios for career enhancement. British Journal of Nursing Links to an external site. , 15(11), 547–552.
· East, R. (2015). Developing a nurse practitioner portfolio. ACORN: The Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia Links to an external site. , 28(4), 35.
· Hannans, J. & Olivo, Y. (2017). Craft a positive nursing digital identity with an ePortfolio Links to an external site. . American Nurse Today, 12(11), 48–49 https://www.americannursetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ant11-Digital-Identity-1017a-1.pdf
· Leahy, R., & Filiatrault, A. (2017). Employers’ perceptions of the benefits of employment electronic portfolios. International Journal of ePortfolio Links to an external site. , 7(2), 217-223.
· McMillan, L. R., Parker, F., & Sport, A. (2014). Decisions, decisions! E-portfolio as an effective hiring assessment tool Links to an external site. . Nursing Management, 45(4), 52-54.
· Walden University. (n.d.). Walden University catalog. Retrieved October 4, 2019, from https://catalog.waldenu.edu Select College of Health Professions, then Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Review the MSN Learning Outcomes Links to an external site. on this page.
· Walden University. (n.d.). Field experience: College of Nursing: Student resources – Graduate courses Links to an external site. . Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/fieldexperience/son/applicationprocess?preview=628dc4af1964e1228ef523827b9733ab#s-lg-box-3870501
· Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Walden templates: Overview Links to an external site. . Retrieved October 12, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/templates NOTE: Download and review the College of Nursing template by navigating to “Program-Specific Templates,” “College of Nursing,” and selecting “College of Nursing Writing Template With Instructions.”