28-year-old Ms Z Case Study
Ms Z is a 28-year-old assistant store manager who arrives at your outpatient clinic complaining of sadness after her boyfriend of 6 months ended their relationship 1 month ago. She describes a failed romantic relationship history and says, “I don’t do well with breakups.” Ms Z reports that her employer urged her to seek therapy, although she has no prior psychiatric treatment. Ms Z has arrived late to work on several occasions because of oversleeping. She also has difficulty getting out of bed, stating, “It’s difficult to walk; it’s like my legs weigh a ton.” Despite spending over 12 hours in bed, she feels fatigued during the day and is concerned that she might suffer from a serious medical condition. She denies any significant changes in appetite or weight since these symptoms began.
Ms Z reports that, although she has not missed workdays, she has difficulty concentrating and has become tearful in front of clients while worrying about not finding a significant other. She feels tremendous guilt over “not being good enough to get married” and says her close friends are concerned because she has been spending her weekends in bed and not answering their calls. Although during your evaluation, Ms Z appeared tearful; she brightened up when talking about her newborn nephew and her plans to visit a college friend next summer. Ms Z denied suicidal ideation.
- Summarize the clinical case, including the significant subjective and objective data.
- Generate a primary and two differential diagnoses. Use the DSM5 to support the assessment. Include the DSM5 and ICD 10 codes.
- Discuss a pharmacological treatment would you prescribe. Use the clinical guidelines to support the rationale for this treatment.
- Discuss the non-pharmacological treatment would you prescribe. Use the clinical guidelines to support the rationale for this treatment.
- Describe a health promotion intervention that would be appropriate for this patient.
( If used any cite, please include a reference where the information is from )